Thursday, September 20, 2007

God Meets Our Needs

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)

My niece called me on Tuesday to share this scripture with me. My niece who is like a daughter to me. My niece who I have been the one to encourage through the years. Now this niece is calling to encourage me! And share scripture with me! Of course, I know this scripture. But sometimes in my humanness, I forget. I forget about all the other times He has supplied everything I needed. I forget about all the times He has supplied everything my family has needed. In my humanness, I forget.

This niece of mine...let me tell you about her. She has 4 kids and is a stay-at-home mom. Her husband works in the oilfield in West Texas. She is a consultant for Home & Garden Party. She informed me a couple of weeks ago that God had put on her heart that she needed to help us in our Caracas endeavor. "But what can I do? I can't go!" She questioned God, and He reminded her of Kerry's sermon at our family reunion (where we had our own little church service on Sunday morning). Kerry spoke about using what is in your hand, using Moses, David, and the little lad with a lunch as examples. Then she realized what she could do. She explained to me that she is developing a fundraiser through Home & Garden Party, selling candles, and will give all the proceeds to Venezuela Vision! Wow! I never cease to be amazed at how God works!

So, Maggie, I know you are reading this...thank you! Thank you for being willing to let God work in your life. Thank you for doing what little bit (in your eyes) you can for God's Kingdom. (He, of course, does not think it is a little bit...nor do I!) Thank you for your interest and participation in our Venezuela Vision. Thank you for calling to encourage me when I needed encouragement. I love you!

Diane

No comments: