Sunday, August 3, 2008

Too Long Without a Post

I can't believe it's been 4 months since I posted on this blog! As you can tell, it's been a busy summer. But I have had several e-mails from people who have discovered our blog and wanted more information about our work in Venezuela. AND...my apologies to Leo Guerra...as I have had his report since April. We were serving meals to the FLDS women and children back in April and ran across Leo who was down here with the Texas Baptist Men. He gave me his report then, and I never got it posted to the blog. So I am going to do that TONIGHT!

Many have asked what is next on the agenda for Venezuela Vision. While we do not have specific plans for a trip right now, there are several ideas being tossed around. Please pray for us as we seek God's guidance on our next steps. I have asked Buck to get some information together for me to put on the blog, so that will be coming in a week or so.

One of the ideas we are praying about is the distribution of one million New Testaments in Caracas and surrounding areas. We would like to get some of the Directors of Missions in the Baptist Associations involved and, in turn, get them to get some of their pastors involved.
We are also talking about another crusade or perhaps a week of revivals perhaps next April. Again, this is all up in the air...in prayer...and we are awaiting the Lord's direction.

One project that Buck is working on right now is raising money for another missionary house. I will get the details on that for another post.

For those of you who have been watching the blog for updated posts, thanks for hanging in there! I'll try to do better! Now...I've got to get Leo's Caracas report posted!

No comments: